As part of this year’s Suffolk Day celebrations, Suffolk’s seven MPs have chosen their winners of the inaugural “Suffolk Heroes Awards” and our local MP, Dr Dan Poulter is delighted to announce the winners from across his Central Suffolk and North Ipswich constituency.
These awards celebrate some fantastic individuals and teams across Central Suffolk and North Ipswich, all of whom have given so much to their local communities throughout the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Dr Dan received a flood of nominations for individuals and teams who the public felt deserving of recognition for their efforts and choosing the winners was quite a challenge!
Full details of the winners are included here:
- Nick Corke; Hour Community, Framlingham
- Ange Stroud, Tracey Dockery and Michelle Simmons; Suffolk Baby Bank
- Debbie McCallum; Kesgrave Street Heroes
- Garath Jones and Ange Stroud; Castle Hill Community Pantry
- Revd Mary Sokanovic; Whitton Church & Padre, 118 Squadron Ipswich Air Cadets
- Richard Blackwell; Debenham Volunteer
- Jayne Baldwin; Debenham Volunteer
- David & Irene Spall; Horham Stores
- Minesh Patel; Mendlesham Post Office Stores
- Wendy Sayer; Laxfield Volunteer
- Freddie Dunkley: Laxfield Volunteer
Commenting on the awards, Dr Poulter said “It really was incredibly heart-warming to read through the nominations I received and selecting the winners was quite a challenge. I would like to offer my sincere congratulations to each of my winners for everything they have done to support their local communities throughout the pandemic. Our strong sense of community and looking out for one another is what makes Suffolk such a truly special place to live and these “Suffolk Heroes Awards” are just a small way in which we can recognise and celebrate the fantastic and selfless efforts shown by you, and so many, throughout the pandemic.”